Happy Quilty Sunday

How are you spending this cold winter Sunday morning?  I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and thinking about what I'm going to do today and a little now writing this lil blog while the coffee kicks in.  I am going to fix us a big ol Sunday morning breakfast and get some cleaning done, YES I know I'd rather be quilting too.  But we've got to stop and be the domestic princesses that we are at times... sucks but reality!

I've been working on a custom quilt this this week and close to have it finished up.  Its a clients quilt and its call Rush Hour.  I wasn't sure just how I wanted to quilt this one at first.  I did know I wanted to put a wood grain quilt design in the border but the blocks I was stumped at first.  Then once I had it loaded I looked at the blocks and decided what I wanted to do.  I will post final pictures when it is finished.



I also been working with my Quilt 8 design program and have designed a heart quilt I plan on making for my granddaughters for Christmas this year.  OK maybe next but my goal is this one, LOL!  I've planned the same quilt design for them both but one will be in purples and one in pinks.  Its really a very simple pattern but it will maybe make it easier for me to get them done in time.  Also a stepping stone in learning how to use the Quilt 8 program.



I will be working on my grand sons next.  I think I will make Gavins quilt either trucks or basket ball themed but stumped on Zachery's he is growing up and not as easy to figure how to make a teenage boy a quilt.  May just be simple block one out of lots of blue fabrics.  Or possible a blue jean and fabric mix.

I better get busy and start breakfast!

Happy Quilting
Tina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AND DONE!

Back to the Studio today!

Last day of 2018