Quilt Friend shout out!

I met Lorry when I first started long-arming but at that time it was just a occasional quilt. I believe it was about 4 years ago.  At that time I was still working in retail business and only quilted part time.  I worked for a fabric store and Lorry came in to get some backing and we being quilters clicked right off and was doing a lot of quilt talk, sharing.  I mentioned my friend Deb allowed me the use of her long-arm (purchased my own machine in 2016) and was starting to quilt for others.  Lorry and I swapped info and later met at Star bucks (enjoyed many visits with her here) where she entrusted me to quilt a top for her, then another and another and SEW it began.    Lorry kept my busy for sure.  This was one of those first quilts I quilted for her.  This was one that she made to donate to the v.f.w.




She put her trust in me.  Lorry's quilts are always a pleasure to quilt.

Today!  We are still quilt buddy's.  We've laughed, we cried, and she always encouraged me and always told me I could do it.  That I had it in me to start a full time quilting business.  

This was the last quilt I quilted for Lorry, and for her it was truly a labor of love, she battled a lot from the start to the finish of this one.  Not long after she begin this amazing quilt she had back surgery, then battled and won fighting cancer, some ruff recovery time and she was able to get back to quilting.  If you have ever tackled a farmers wife quilt you will know the journey of making this quilt.

So proud of you my bfqf 



Happy Quilting
Tina Jennings




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AND DONE!

Back to the Studio today!

Last day of 2018