"Be Neat"

Good morning my friends and family!  Its early and coffee time for me.  I hope you all had a good weekend and got to do something you love.

I worked on a special quilt this weekend and while I was working on it I could hear Linda's voice that gave me some pointers.  I am a self taught quilter and with that I had some bad habits I'd developed.  A lady I'd met and fellow quilter offered to help me when I'd made the comment to her that my quilts do not ever look as nice hers.  She had me come to her house a few times to work with me.  She taught me the importance of making sure I am consistent with having a 1/4" seam allowance , matching seams, and pressing them open nice and flat.... really flat.

I can hear her voice now telling me "to slow down and enjoy the process" and to always "BE NEAT."  So when I was pressing this seam nice and flat on the quilt I am working on I noticed this and right away heard Linda say "BE NEAT."


So would you rip it out and resew it or leave it?

I could't leave it I heard Linda's voice in my head saying "BE NEAT".  So ripped it out and resewed it and repressed it,  slowing down and taking the time to "BE NEAT!"


And trust me your quilter will love you for taking that time to press your seams with the least amount of bulk and laying nice and flat.  Helping your work and your quilter's work to "BE NEAT". When a long arm machine hits a bulky seam it can make it jump off the path it was going or even skip stitches.   So please have a Linda voice in your head and take the time to "BE NEAT".   You will be much happier with your end results.


Well my assistant is here and ready to clock in I'm pumping him full of breakfast and will change his diaper before we go down to the studio.  We cheated this morning and picked up drive thou.


"BE NEAT"
and as alway!
HAPPY QUILTING!

Tina Jennings



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AND DONE!

Back to the Studio today!

Last day of 2018