Back to the Studio today!

Today is the first work day for me of the year.  I have a custom quilt on the frame I intend to finish up today.  It's a beautiful quilt I absolutely love.  A round robin quilt. This is one of they best and most outstanding round robins I've seen to date.  The details and care that went into it is beyond amazing and created a stunning quilt.


 I have done a couple of round robin quilts in a quilt guild I belong to and they can be a challenge but fun.  A round robin quilt is where a quilter starts the quilt out with a center block, usually ranges in size of 12" up to 18" and is better if it is a square.  After your center block it completed it is then put in a bag that you can not see though, if you want it to be completed in certain fabrics you also place those in that bag along with any wishes of likes or dislikes on a quilt.  Then it has a name of the people on a form on the outside of the bag and it is passed around to each in a group.  Each person it reaches will then add the next border and you will too on theirs.  Round robin quilts are fun and sometimes help you learn how to add different border designs that may be outside your box.  Like I said challenging and fun.

On the first day of the year a tradition to bring you good luck for the year is to eat pork and sauerkraut.  My parents would make it every year and we would have to take at least a bite.   I hated it!  I don't mind the pork but the sauerkraut is just not something I can care for although I love cabbage just not in the form of sauerkraut.  So my version to at least get in the luck providing meal was to make pork smoked sausage with green beans and eat a few bites of coleslaw.  Close enough right?  It truly is a mind thing we just need to set the intention in our mind and not think if I'm lucky  this year but think I will be lucky!  So this year I will be lucky!  There DONE!



Dishwasher is running bed is made and me and a cup of coffee are ready to head to the Studio and get busy lots to do today!

Hope you all have a great new day and remember show someone you love them!

Happy Quilting

Tina Jennings
quiltin.t





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AND DONE!

Last day of 2018