Working from home....


Good morning quilt friends and just friends and family, if any are starting to follow me.  I have a favor to ask of you.  If you could please subscribe to my blog and share it with the world for me.  Help me to grow!  Thank you my friends I knew I could count on you.

Well its Saturday morning and I'm drinking my coffee and meditating a lil.  Clearing my head of negativity and focus on the tasks I'd like to accomplish today.  I've really been working hard at the quilt frame to get caught up.  When I first started up my business my timing was 4 to 6 weeks.  I'm finding I need to change that to 8.  When you are quilting custom quilts you do not want to rush it.  You want to make each one as special as you can.  It is a heirloom and gifts for someone that I have the pleasure of helping to make happen.   Learning a

time frame has been my main challenge on this wonderful endeavor I've taken on.

I am very passionate about what I do and I want each quilt that I quilt to be the best quilt I've quilted.  I am very fortunate to get to work at home doing what I love to do.  I can go down in my studio and put on some music, or listen to a book and totally loose track of time.  I love it!

I've had to train myself though.  That I am working even though I enjoy it so much that it hard for me to look at it as work.  I told someone the other day that I hope family and friends are understanding that this is now how I make  my living, that it is no longer a hobby.  I have learned to block out the laundry, the floor needing swept and just stay on task.  This week when I did that I saw how much more I could accomplish.

I can't express enough how much I love what I am doing and happy that I get to do what I love.  Thankful for all of you for helping me make my dream come true.

Had to share one more thing this was my assistant yesterday... his mom put him in the car seat and he looks up at me smiles and says "Hi Buddy".  LOVE IT!  I'm a two year olds buddy.... life is good!




Happy Quilting!
Tina Jennings






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AND DONE!

Back to the Studio today!

Last day of 2018