Good morning, evidently the best time for me to blog is in the morning while having my coffee.  Before I get busy in the studio and then when I come up for the evening its late and I have three things on my mind at that point, supper, glass of wine and a long soak in the tub.

I'm working on a very special quilt right now... finishing it up actually.  My customer has ask me to not post it on social net work yet until she has a chance to show it to her family and friends.  I can and will respect that as hard as it is to not.

Unfortunately this quilt was one that waited a while to get to while I was figuring out how to time and pace the quilts I do.  But once I got started on it... it didn't take me long to get it pieced and ready to quilt it.  This quilt is a memory quilt and when I do memory quilts I can't help but think about the person who worn the t-shirts.  In this case it was for a man who served our country.  He had a lot of shirts but there was a couple I had to say were my favorites.  I'm sure each shirt had for him and has for his wife a special memory attached.  I know she is excited to get it back and have those memory back in her hands and will even be able to snuggle up in it and feel the warmth of those memory's of her love.

Last night before bed I worked on the binding, I got tired or I would have finished it before bed.


I have a long over due hair appt. today and then I will be finishing this up and giving her a call.  

I wanted to share with your all that I get to for the first time go to the quilt show in Paducah.  We leave on Thursday.  I've never been and I'm not sure what to expect other then getting to see a lot of quilts and do some shopping.  I am most excited over going to a event with a quilt icon, quilt star Eleanor Burns.  I have followed her for a long time as many of you have as well her show is on every Saturday morning and now she even has a u-tube channel that she does sew alongs on.  Her latest is her new book call Forty Fabulous Years with Eleanor. I bought her book when her sister stopped in Richmond to do a trunk show.  Enjoyed the show and had her sign my book.  I'm planning on packing the book along with me to see if I can get Eleanor to sign.  If you follow me on instagram, twitter or facebook you will most liking be seeing lots of photos along the way and maybe even a few blog posts if I get a chance or they drag me away from the quilt display's and shops.

I'm working hard to get some stuff done in the studio before my trip.  So with that said I need to close this posting out and get busy.

HAVE A QUILTY DAY!

Tina Jennings




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AND DONE!

Back to the Studio today!

Last day of 2018